A Customer Site may also enable you to interact with third parties (“Third Party”) similar to an in person job fair or trade show. In this event, your Personal Information may be collected, used and shared by the Third Party according to any terms established between our customer and the Third Party, as well as the policies of the Third Party, and your own choices and settings. The relationship with the Third Party is managed by our customer and not Delta.
THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We may obtain information about you from our Sites, when you call or email us, or when you participate in an Event. An “Event” is an online gathering that includes registration before the event begins, activities between the event’s start and end time, and after the event’s end time. We also may obtain information about you from business partners and other third parties and publicly available information, including from our customers prior to or during an event. We may collect your information at different points in connection with our business and the Sites, including your registration, profile submissions, use of the Sites, interactions with us, and during an Event.
The types of information we may obtain include:
- Personal Information, which is information that identifies you, such as your name, password, email address, address, phone number(s), and photographic image. In some locations, Personal Information may have a broader definition under an applicable law, and in these jurisdiction your rights with respect to Personal Information will be governed by the broader definition.
- Demographic Information, such as zip code, country, years of work experience, skills, industry, certifications, degrees, etc. We do this to help you connect with other event participants like exhibitors.
- Preference Information, such as preferred time zone or whether to show a dialog on your next visit. We do this to personalize your experience on the Sites.
- Content Submissions, such as any information that you submit on our forms, blogs, social media pages, through file uploads, or via online chats as part of an Event.
- Anonymous information, such as pages visited, and time on the Sites. We do this in order to understand how the Sites are being used and what the engagement is like.
In addition, when you visit our Sites, we may collect certain information by automated means, such as cookies and web beacons, as described in more detail below. The information we may collect by automated means includes, but is not limited to:
- Information about the devices our visitors use to access the Internet (such as the IP address and the device, browser and operating system type).
- Pages and URLs that refer visitors to our Sites, also pages and URLs that visitors exit to once they leave our Sites.
- Dates and times of visits to our Sites.
- Information on actions taken on our Sites (such as page views, site navigation patterns or application activity).
- A general geographic location (such as country and city) from which a visitor accesses our Sites.
- Search terms that visitors use to reach our Sites.
HOW WE USE THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We may use the information we obtain about you to:
- Create, manage and maintain your account on the Sites.
- Provide you with the Sites and other services that you request.
- Manage your participation in events hosted on the Sites, where you have signed up for such events and promotions.
- Maintain a record of the events in which you participate, including chat and webinar history and download activity.
- Enable you to interact with other event participants.
- Provide administrative notices or communications applicable to your use of the Sites.
- Respond to your questions and comments and provide customer support.
- Operate, evaluate and improve our business and the products and services we offer.
- Analyze and enhance our marketing communications and strategies (including by identifying when emails we have sent to you have been received and read).
- Analyze trends and statistics regarding visitors’ use of our Sites, mobile applications and social media assets, and the jobs viewed or applied to on our Sites.
- Maintain the quality of the Sites, including detecting security incidents and protecting against malicious, deceptive, illegal or fraudulent activities.
- Notify you from time to time about relevant products and services operated by Delta
- Comply with applicable legal requirements and industry standards and our policies.
We also use non-personally identifiable information and certain technical information about your computer and your access to the Sites (including your internet protocol address) in order to operate, maintain and manage the Sites. We collect this information by automated means, such as cookies and web beacons, as described in more detail below.
We may collect, compile, store, publish, promote, report, share or otherwise disclose or use any and all Aggregated Information, however, unless otherwise disclosed in this policy, we will not sell or otherwise transfer or disclose your Personal Information to a third party without your consent.
Our customers may use Delta and a Customer Site to process data, and this data may contain your personal information. The data that we process through the Sites in that case is processed on behalf of our customer, and our privacy practices are governed by the contracts that we have in place with our customers. If you have any questions or concerns about how personal information in such data is handled or would like to exercise your rights, you should contact the person or entity (i.e., the data controller) who has contracted with us to use the Customer Site to process this data. Our customers, and sometimes a Third Party, as described above, control the Personal Information in such a case. We will provide assistance to our customers to address your concerns in accordance with the terms of our contract with them.
If we seek to use the information we obtain about you in other ways, we will provide specific notice and request your consent at the time of collection.
THE INFORMATION WE SHARE
When you create an account on the Sites, Delta will collect and retain information about you, some of which is Personal Information. You may be required to provide additional personal or demographic information when registering for an Event hosted on the Sites including, but not limited to, photo, resume, work experience, educational qualification, location, skills, industry.
The information you provide is collected by Delta, and is shared with the company(ies) participating in the Event, which may be a customer or a Third Party. This includes personal information such as name, email address, resume and other questions you answer during the registration process. This also includes the conversation (chat) history from conversations with any other participant and/or organization. If providing information for an Event, this information may become subject to the policies of the respective company(ies) after it has been shared, as Delta is not responsible for these policies. Providing additional information beyond what is required at registration is entirely optional, but enables you to better identify yourself.
We may share your Personal Information with third party contractors or service providers to provide you with the services that we offer you through our Sites; to provide technical support, or to provide specific services in accordance with your instructions. These third parties are required not to use your Personal Information other than to provide the services requested by Delta.
We may also disclose specific user information when we determine, in good faith, that such disclosure is necessary to comply with the law, to cooperate with or seek assistance from law enforcement, to prevent a crime or protect national security, or to protect the interests or safety of Delta, our customers, or other users of the Sites.
You should be aware that any Personal Information you submit on the Sites may be read, collected, or used by other users of Delta, and could be used to send you unsolicited messages. In addition, any personal information you submit in an Event can be read, collected, or used by participating companies, and could be used to send you unsolicited messages. We are not responsible for the Personal Information you choose to submit to the Sites.
HOW WE PROTECT PERSONAL INFORMATION
Delta maintains administrative, technical and physical safeguards designed to assist us in protecting the Personal Information we collect against accidental, unlawful or unauthorized destruction, loss, alteration, access, disclosure or use.
Please note that no electronic transmission of information can be entirely secure. We cannot guarantee that the security measures we have in place to safeguard Personal Information will never be defeated or fail, or that those measures will always be sufficient or effective. Therefore, although we are committed to protecting your privacy, we do not promise, and you should not expect, that your Personal Information will always remain private. As a user of the Sites, you understand and agree that you assume all responsibility and risk for your use of the Sites, the internet generally, and the documents you post or access and for your conduct on and off the Sites.To further protect yourself, you should safeguard your Delta Sites username and password and not share that information with anyone. You should also log off from and close your browser window when you have finished your visit to our Sites. Please note that we will never ask for your Delta account password via email.
Delta does not safeguard your Personal Information from our customers when they are acting as the controller of your Personal Information, including when held by our customers outside of the Sites, or a Third Party authorized to join a Customer Site. They are responsible for handling Personal Information in accordance with their privacy policies.
ABOUT COOKIES, TRACKING CHOICES, AND THIRD PARTY SERVICE PROVIDERS
A “cookie” is a text file that websites send to a visitor’s computer or other Internet-connected devices to uniquely identify the visitor’s browser or to store information or settings in the browser. A “web beacon” is also called a Web bug or a pixel tag or a clear GIF. Used in combination with cookies, a web beacon is an often-transparent graphic image, usually no larger than 1-pixel x 1-pixel, that is placed on a Web site or in an e-mail that is used to monitor the behavior of the user visiting the Website or sending the e-mail.
Most Internet browsers enable you to erase cookies from your computer hard drive, block all cookies, or receive a warning before a cookie is stored. Please be aware, that our Sites cannot be used without cookies enabled. Our Sites also do not respond to web browser “do not track” requests.
The companies that provide third-party tools and services such as commenting operate under their own privacy policies and Delta encourages you to be aware of the privacy policies of such companies. Delta does not have control over or access to any information contained in the cookies that are set on your computer by third-party tool providers.
There are many resources on the Internet that can provide you guidance regarding deleting or disabling cookies.
INTERNATIONAL TRANSFER OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORmATION
The Sites are hosted in the United States and any personal information that we collect from you is currently stored in the United States. If you are accessing the Sites outside of the U.S., you consent to the transfer of your personal information to the United States when you register. Please be advised that United States law may not offer the same privacy protections as the law in your jurisdiction. When operating a Customer Site, Delta transfers personal information pursuant to the agreement with the customer.
LINKS TO OTHER SITES
YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS
Depending on your location, you may have the right to exercise certain privacy rights under applicable laws, including the right of erasure, the right to object to processing, the right to restrict processing, and the right to access / data portability. To exercise any of the above rights, please contact us at the email address listed below. In order to comply with your request, we may have to verify your identity. If we are processing your Personal Information on behalf of our customer, we will direct you to instead make your request to our customer, or may, in some instances, contact the customer directly on your behalf.
You may also have the right to make a complaint to the relevant authorities in your jurisdiction. If you need further assistance regarding your rights, please contact us at the email address listed below and we will consider your request in accordance with applicable law.
HOW TO CONTACT US